Thursday, February 19, 2009

Be The Center

I think most of us at some time or another wrestle with this. Who am I? Why am I here? Is there more to life than this? What do I really believe? It is so easy to get lost in the craziness of life. Everyone around us has a different expectation or view of who we are. I am not just a mom....I am a basketball mom, band mom, show choir mom, cheer mom......each group labels me and hands me their expectations. When you add wife, musician, teacher, daughter, sister, pastor's wife., friend....wow! Even my doctors get in on it.....labels and expectations. I feel overwhelmed at times. I look in the mirror on many days and I do not have a CLUE who that person staring back at me is! I feel that no matter where I turn, I am letting someone down. The aisles and stores are full of "self help".
But Jesus says:
"Self help is no help at all. Self Sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self" Matthew 16:25 The Message

When I am faced with those thoughts and feelings I can only do one thing. I have to check my "center". When I get focused on other "things" and do not guard my "center" I get off balance. It is as simple as that. As long as I keep Christ as center....everything else seems to fall miraculously in place! In Ephesians it states it like this: (emphasis is mine!)

"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, He had his eye on us, (ME!!!), had designs on us (ME!!!) for glorious living, part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone (ME!!!!)
Ephesians 1:11 The Message
It is my heart cry--Jesus, be the center! Be the center of my emotions, my spirit, my home, my health, my world.
"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below,visible and invisible, rank after rank of angels-EVERYTHING got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him." Colossians 1:16 The Message
I think that says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment